Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A page from my Sketchbook Project sketchbook - Aloe Vera plant

When I signed up for the Sketchbook Project back in October 2013, I didn't read the details closely and chose the NorthEast tour which includes stops at Brooklyn, NYC, Philadelphia, Portland, and Toronto for my sketchbook.  I was anticipating I will have the full year to finish and submit it for the tour.

Fast forward to mid December 2013, I got a reminder email from the Sketchbook Project, so I decided to read more into the details, and was surprised to find out that if I have signed for a tour, then the deadline to finish is January 14th, 2014!  So during the Christmas holidays, I quickly came up with a theme for my sketchbook and everyone/everything within sight that fits the theme became my sketch target.

Here's a page of my Aloe Vera plant sketched last night.  I am trying to sketch everything first before adding any description, so keep a close eye out for my future post on the finished sketchbook with the stories behind every sketch!





No comments:

Post a Comment